Dessert in a Jif

This is a great tip for a couple, plus it saves calories. If I make a regular cake, my husband and I eat more than we should. Sometimes, I just crave something sweet without the guilt. I made a Jiffy cake for the two of us. When I made it, I sifted the mix and when I prepared it, I put in a tablespoon of mayo.

The cake yielded either 4 large or 8 small slices, and it tasted great. I just made a basic powdered sugar and butter frosting with a bit of milk and vanilla.

I'm confused. Is this a dessert from a cake mix one buys? And you add mayo instead of eggs or something?
And what is the topping on top of the cake made from?
Sorry, I just don't understand.
Monique

Jiffy is a brand of cake, bread and muffin mixes. I think she is following the package instructions and adding the mayo.

I understand what sh's saying but, wouldn't mayo increase the fat and calories?? I've used applesauce in place of butter or oil to decrease fat in a recipe and it tasted great.

I made as directed but added a bit of mayo to improve the moisture of the cake. And someone asked about the frosting, powder sugar, butter vanilla and milk, the basic powder sugar frosting.

So with just a bit of mayo and the small size of the cake I do feel I saved calories because I did not have a full size cake to tempt me.