Destroying Ant Hills

When you find those dreaded ant hills, there's a cheap and sure way to get to them all, even the queen. Boil a large pot boiling water and pour it directly on the hill.

Pay more attention to the ones closest to you house first, then work your way out. Use plenty of boiling water to make sure you get the queen too.

We all know that pouring boiling water on ant hills is a good thing, but do it to the ant hills closest to the house FIRST. This will get the ants away from the house. The ones in the driveway may migrate closer to the house if you do them first.

By ardis barnes

The down side to this remedy, alas, is that it kills the grass. And, in my experience, the ants return or just move to another spot in the yard. So far, I have not found a remedy that gets rid of them....they just seem to move several feet and start over. There is a solar gadget that really does work. I have a friend who swears by it for Fire Ants. Take a look at http://www.antcharmer.com

Harlean from Arkansas

By obasanjo@HOTMAIL.COM (Guest Post)

You must leave the ant hills for the ants,
you have your own house while did you want
to make them homeless,the same God that
created you also created them.I think people should
keep their enviromet clean,then ants will not come.

By (Guest Post)

What does one do if there's an ant hill under the floor of your house? They some how come up from the floor? How do you get rid of that, and entries into it cannot be found.

By (Guest Post)

Ants get into clean houses too, and the God that created us gave us dominion over them. So much for that logic.

By donna. (Guest Post)

I have tried all kinds of chemicals and they do not work. Before I use the boiling water please folks who have done this tell me - does it kill your yard?

By Michelle (Guest Post)

Yes Donna, the boiling water does kill your grass. I tried it once on my yard and all the grass died.

Anonymous

Tried it. Doesn't work:(

Anonymous

Boy does this work! I poured boiling water over hill. Next day a bunch and I mean a bunch of dead ants all the top of the ground!

No more any activity in that area. We just did this method again on another one and hoping for same results. We shall see tomorrow.