Dieting Tips and Tricks

Ugh! Trying to lose weight during the holidays? When you get that chocolate urge, put a Hershey's Kiss in the bottom of your coffee cup! Pour coffee over the Kiss and you will have great tasting coffee with VERY little calories! A Peppermint Kiss is great for the holidays!

Source: Weight Watchers meeting 20 years ago!

More Solutions

None of the diets available advertised on TV looked appetizing or affordable. Then, I found a web page that talked about lots of different diets.

Because I am a diabetic, I don't keep sweets in my kitchen as I have very little will power. But one evening I craved something sweet so much, that I scoured the fridge and spotted some maraschino cherries.

For a long time, I have heard and read that eating a little chocolate every day is good for you. I have chocolate chips left over from Christmas, that were going to waste if not used, so for the past couple of weeks I have been eating some of them daily.

Chocolate chips and nuts

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you started your New Year out with a resolution to slim down, then I have a great tip for you: buy a toddler sized three plate divider with a plastic lid. I purchased mine at Target for less than 2 dollars.

A tip for parents and dieters. Instead of buying the pretzel twists, buy the pretzel sticks. One serving of twists = 15. One serving of sticks = 45. Same calorie amount.

I like to keep track of all the money I was tempted to spend but didn't. I do the same when I am counting calories. I count what I almost ate but didn't.

When I am eating low fat in order to lose a few pounds of weight, I always eat a serving of something really fatty for each five pounds I lose.

11 Questions

Tonight I will start drinking Fit'n Right pineapple juice. My question is, is it good for dieting? I want to lose weight. Is bedtime a good time for drinking pineapple juice in a bottle? I know that beer and soft drinks are not good when dieting. Can you give me some tips of foods and drinks that I need to avoid so I can pursue my plan and be successful in losing my weight?

By Jessica P.

Answers

We were told by a pal, who's in the medical field, that any juice that says it's "from concentrate", has added sugar. So be careful drinking any bottled fruit juices, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Have you looked into "juicing" your own juices using fresh veggies & fruits.

Just remember, everything in moderation. Read your packaged foods labels, see what "a serving size" is for that product & stick with that. We're all accustomed to filling up our plates at meal time & eating till we're full or beyond. There are guidelines as to what products we can or should eat/drink & how much.

I've found drinking green tea helps me lose a few lbs. here & there, but also remember to drink water, as any tea or coffee is a diuretic, you don't want to become dehydrated. Eat lots of green salads, go easy on the dressing. I like to incorporate chopped fresh fruits on my salad, like chopped apple, strawberries or mandarin oranges, also a sprinkling of raw/natural/ or unsalted nuts or sunflower seeds.

Best of luck!

Answer this Question

When trying to trim down, eat more soup than usual. It fills you up without causing you to overeat. Soup is also great for finishing off leftovers such as chicken, and it's an easy way to fit an extra serving of vegetables into your day. Stay away from cream-based soups. If you like your soup on the thick side, puree white beans or cooked potatoes and stir the mixture into the broth. Experiment with herbs and seasonings for fun flavors.

When preparing a pork or beef roast, insert slices of garlic in slits on top of the roast before baking. It infuses the meat with flavor without adding fat. You can also add sprigs of rosemary or an herb blend.

To get rid of "fishy" flavors with just about any type of fish, cover it with milk. Let it soak for 30-90 minutes and cook as directed. This helps get rid of some of the fishy taste.

For a different tuna salad, mix chopped pickled beets into the tuna. There's no need for mayonnaise or salad dressing, so it's lower in fat. Just add enough beets to a can of tuna to make it moist.

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Answer this Question

Hello, I am looking for healthy recipes and family dieting tips. I feel like pretty much every dinner that is a staple in our house is fattening.

Health & Beauty Weight LossAugust 24, 2013
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dieting-Tips-and-Tricks.html