Chocolate is Good for You

For a long time, I have heard and read that eating a little chocolate every day is good for you. I have chocolate chips left over from Christmas, that were going to waste if not used, so for the past couple of weeks I have been eating some of them daily. So far I have not gained weight. I have actually lost a couple of pounds, which I am trying to do.

Chocolate covered nuts are my favorite candy. Chewing up a nut and a few chips at the same time taste just like eating a chocolate covered nut.

Benefits of chocolate, in the AOL news today.

1. Immediate mental stimulant.

2. It widens blood vessels and can help reduce blood pressure.

3. It can lower body fat.

4. Healthy bacteria in your stomach thrives on chemical makeup of chocolate, which while breaking down releases compounds that lesson cardiovascular tissue inflammation, reducing the risk of strokes.

5. It can improve your memory.
I need all of this so I just may be stocking up on chocolate chips to keep on hand all the time. One tablespoon, a serving size of Nestle Chocolate Chips, contains 70 calories.

Yes, a small piece of chocolate is good for you BUT it has to be dark chocolate that is 70% cacao or more which is not sweet. I have a bag of Ghirardelli squares. I keep them in the freezer and have one a day. My favorite is actually Hershey dark chocolate kisses but they don't have enough cacao and are loaded with sugar and aren't good for you. Figures.

For my next purchase, I'm going to compare the Nestle Dark Chocolate chips to the semisweet and see if the dark chocolate will be more healthy. The semisweet sure is tasty though.

I do believe that eating a little chocolate each day has helped me. I have noticed that I have more energy and I don't get hungry and don't have a craving for sweets. Having more energy makes me want to exercise more which is helping me to trim down my belly fat. I have lost 2 pounds and have 3 more to go.

Each morning I count out my daily supply of chocolate chips which is 24 and add 8 nuts to the container. I eat them at breakfast and at lunch. That's a tablespoon of chips daily which is 70 calories.

well done! i darent try it though because where chocolate is concerned,i dont have a "stop"mechanism! unfortunately-haha!pam xx

Yes, it's DARK chocolate that is the healthier snack. 70% or higher..

Do you like chocolate covered raisins? Pop 3 raisins and 3 chocolate chips in your mouth at the same time and chew them together. Taste just like the real thing.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJune 8, 2015
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chocolate-is-Good-for-You.html