Do Carpenter Bee Traps Work?

I was wondering if carpenter bee traps actually work? They look good and I want to believe they are low maintenance, but are they?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Pestkill.org thinks they are:

Using Carpenter Bee Trap Plans There are several popular carpenter bee trap plans available for free. They are specially designed to be environmentally free and pretty effective to help you kill the insects. The feature that unites all possible variations is the fact they should be light-colored (painted wood, light gray plastic or natural pine wood color). The inside walls must be smooth. When the bee flies inside through a small hole, it is going to fall to the traps bottom without any chance to get out. After installation the traps can be taken down, cleaned and used year after year. The trap plans are designed to mimic outdoor conditions. Besides, designs have several important advantages.

They: never require the owner to paint or stain his/her home; coincide with natural habitat; are safe for humans, plants and pets; are non-toxic; are 100% environmentally safe; are characterized by a single-step and easy installation; possess no harsh smells; include no residues and chemicals left on wood; have no measuring chemicals; feature no spray device of any kind; can be easily stored; can be easily removed and disposed of; are homeowner-friendly. Choose the plans, where the roof is bigger than the box itself. It is a known fact that these bees drill the holes vertically while upside down. This is a general behavior. And the extended roof offers this option.
Read more: http://pestkill … raps-to-control/

If you are just interested in getting rid of your carpenter bees then I would recommend you read the following: (carburetor cleaner worked for me).

http://www.wiki  f-Carpenter-Bees

Thanks! Maybe I'll try the citrus spray, I just really don't want to use any chemicals. They attack my kids swing set so I don't want anything harmful by the kids.

I had a huge collection of wood in an open air storage so we were really infested with these things. When we got rid of the piles they decided they had better things to do than hang out in our now-empty storage, and the rest were taken care of by traps.

I would see if you have a massive collection of deadwood standing around and clear it. That should help.

They worked well for us when we put them in the wood shed

I brought carpenter bee cottage traps from amazon then brought some bee trap lure liquid and in a week i caught 10 of them and havent seen them around the house.