Do Rats Have Flatulence?

I think I'm rid of rats for a while. Though they never got into any of my food stuffs, I occasionally still find evidence that they were here. And when I do, a thorough washing and then a soaking in bleach solution is in order.

I buy lots of things in bulk, soap included. I bought several bars of one brand and then decided I didn't like it. I packed them back in the laundry room hoping to find someone who could use them.

Lo and behold, today I discovered rats took a liking to that brand of soap. I mean they really took a liking to it. Several bars had been nibbled here and there. Half of one whole bar was gone! They say cleanliness is next to Godliness, but I never gave thought to whether it applied to the entrails as well.

Oh, back to the flatulence. All I've got to say is, if the rat who ate that half a bar of soap happens to have a bad attack of gas; Honey, he's gonna be blowing bubbles for days!

Fullonum crepitu Y'all

Best Answer

According to this website, they do have flatulence. www.ratcentral.com/.../

I would never have looked, assuming that information was not 'out there'.

Thanks, Judy!

(The article also said a rat can go longer than a camel without water. Maybe they can, but they don't. I read somewhere that rats communicate by urinating. If this is true, then all I can say is 'they are very talkative little fellas', they pee any and everywhere).

I'm not sure I'm believing this. The whole bar is missing from this box.

Home and Garden Pest Control RatsJanuary 8, 2018
👔
😎
🎆
😷
🐛
🌻