Do Wilton Candy Melts Contain Gluten?

Do Wilton Candy Melts contain gluten?

Kathleen

Best Answer

You apparently have or are cooking for someone who has celiac or is gluten intolerant for other reasons. Celiac.com also has lists of unsafe and safe ingredients. If you have a bag of the melts, you could go online and check out the questionable items.

You could also call Wilton and ask them. I tried, but it was already too late today. Let us know when you find out.

Wilton Industries
2240 W. 75th St.
Woodridge, IL 60517
Phone: 630-963-1818 or 800-794-5866
Fax: 630-963-7196 or 888-824-9520
Email: info@wilton.com

Candy making is fun, we just have to make it safe for celiacs too.

Best Answer

I called the Walton company about the dark chocolate melting chips. Even though whey is a protein powder, the company cannot guarantee that it is a gluten free product.

To be safe, they recommend this product not to be eaten by anyone that has allergies to dairy or has celiac disease.

By Kathleen Holmes (Guest Post)

I contacted Wilton Industries. They confirmed that there is NO GLUTEN in the candy; NO Gluten in the plant. That makes one little granddaughter very happy. Thank you for giving me the contact information.

Best Answer

I called and they cannot verify that they are gluten free because they do not test for Gluten. Their manufacturing facilities may process goods containing gluten so their is a risk of cross contamination.

Anonymous

I'm so excited! my niece is gluten free and I bought a bag of Wilton melts from Walmart without checking the label first. Thankfully it is in-fact GF! I'm looking forward to making bunnies for Easter!

Also if you are making candy Plymouth pantry almond bark is also GF. Gummie candies are nice and easy to make too. you just need Gelatin and juice!

The back says it contains wheat

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyNovember 14, 2008
🌻
📓
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Do-Wilton-Candy-Melts-Contain-Gluten.html