Dog Peeing on Bed and Couches

My 9 month old female Dachshund with 1/4th Beagle keeps peeing on our couches! We take her outside often and she goes potty outside, but she's still peeing on the couches. She used to pee on the floor too, but we managed to break her of that somehow. She's even gone in our room and peed on our bed a few times. And even though she's got pee pads that she uses in her room (we gate her in the laundry room when we leave and at night) she still pees on her bed. We're at our wits end with it. Now she's taken up chewing on the walls and the closet door in the laundry room even though she's got plenty of toys and chew bones.

I would take her to the vet to make sure there are no physical issues. If not, I would invest in obedience classes.

Try your best to catch her mid-stream and make a loud sound and quickly move her to where it is okay to urinate.

Your post made me remember one Christmas (I was in my teens) and I got a beautiful mohair scarf and ran over to show it to my neighbor. While we talked her dachshund, Peter Von Wartenburg, ate it. Yes it eventually passed; and no she did not offer to return it. I have known a few doxies since then, and they all can be a little devilish. Eating socks, underwear (and scarves) seems to be one of their favorite things. And they can be stubborn, and they are easily bored.

They are very bright dogs with a pretty good energy level. Every one I have known has been loved to pieces by their owner in spite of the naughtyness. If I were you I would make sure your girl gets regular walks and attention from you. Find something she likes to do, chasing balls, running an agility course, etc. Be careful of things that stress her back. They are prone to disc problems. Steps up to the bed etc. will help. You could consider crating her if she is acting up while you are gone. She'll be worth it all.

Haha she loves her squeaky toys. We play fetch with her in the house. She's torn up every ball we've gotten her though. Since she's still a puppy she can get rough when she plays and nips a lot. Since it's been cold we haven't been able to take her for walks much...

I believe she's bored. Try to play with her more often and take her outside to play too