Dog Pees in Owner's Bed?

All right. Long story short. My boyfriend and I took this dog in from a friend who couldn't take care of him. My boyfriend was his favorite person and he just recently left for the Navy. It's obviously distressing Berkeley as he has been consistently having accidents in the house. I will leave for ten minutes and he'll relieve himself by the door. I believe it has something to do with separation anxiety but today, I came home to find that he'd urinated in my bed. He's not allowed in it and I know it's not purposeful, but it's really out of character and I'm honestly pretty upset. I'm doing everything I can think of to make him happy and nothing is working.

The dog is marking his territory. Clean everything with an enzyme cleaner such as Nature's Miracle. Make sure he is on a strict food/walking schedule. You may have to crate him. He will quickly learn that if he wants free run of the house, he will have to do his business outside.

Have the pup checked ASAP for a UTI or kidney infection. If he gets a clean bill of health, then talk to the vet about meds or pheromones for separation anxiety. In my experience any changes in potty habits are most frequently health related. Prayers for your pup! Post back what the vet says!

Pets Dogs House TrainingNovember 15, 2018
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
Generated 2020-07-18 13:37:19 in 897 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Pees-in-Owners-Bed-1.html