Dog Pooping and Peeing Inside?

I have an almost 5-year-old Australian Shepherd. He's an awesome dog and very high energy. He goes out to the bathroom numerous times daily, but lately he invariably pees and started pooping in my apartment now long after I let him out. So I had a crate in my car that I put up today. I'm gonna start putting him in that. I have never had a problem with any of my dogs before. I have had Australian Shepherds for many years. He gets bones and he gets treats. Does anyone have any advice?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Before you start treating this like a behavioral issue you need to rule out any potential physical causes. Take him to the Vet to rule out say, a bladder infection. Have there been any changes in your home? New pets, new room mates, a new schedule? If this is not a physical problem it may be anxiety. Any new stresses for you or him? Any new dogs he may be feeling territorial about? Even if he just sees them through the window. You mentioned you live in an apartment. Does your dog get to the dog park or someplace he can run on a regular basis? This is especially important for the breed you are dealing with. A tired dog is a happy dog. While crating a dog helps some issues, it can make some (anxiety) worse. I hope you are able to get back to normal with your buddy.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

If this is new behavior take him to the get to rule out an infection or other physical issue.

Pets Dogs House TrainingApril 11, 2018
📓
😎
🌻
Generated 2021-08-04 05:13:36 in 997 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Pooping-and-Peeing-Inside-2.html