AdviceDogs

Dog Won't Eat

I have a little poodle (1 and a half months old). Since it was brought to me it has been refusing to eat. It only takes in water. What should I do to make it eat? It refuses to drink it's milk and pellets too. What can I do to make this puppy eat? It hasn't eaten for the pass three days. And it's always looking for a place to hide. It looks dull.

The dog may have tooth or jaw issues. Have you had him checked by a vet?

My friend rubs mashed cooked pumpkin on her dogs nose to make him eat. Usually is a good start and ends up eating more/normally.

Your dog is most likely sick. Unless he had all his vaccinations, he may have parvo virus. This virus can be deadly so you need to see a Vet immediately. With quick treatment they can pull through.

I agree this is not normal behaviour that should be ignored. Parvo begins as digestive difficulties and 'depression' and it sounds like this is happening.

Of course he could jsut be sad that his previous situation has ended and he's with you now but taking him to the vet would be the first thing