Dogs Pooping in Their Bed

I have two 1 year old Beagle puppy brothers. They are not potty trained, but they do use potty pads very well. My biggest issue is that they constantly poop on their bed. I've had to buy 3 new beds for them.

We always buy a large bed definitely big enough for the both of them to have room to spread out and be comfortable and they actually like sleeping together. We wash the bed cover once a week so it's always fresh and they love to rub their faces in the bed when it comes out of the dryer.

First their bed was in a huge crate. They started pooping on it. We assumed the crate was the issue even though it's big enough to fit like 3 German Shepherds. So we moved the bed next to ours and it didn't change anything. Except now they pee on it too.

They do get taken out every few hours. The whole time we've had them (since they were 8 weeks old) either my fiance or I have been able to stay home (ie., if he works I don't and vice versa) so they're basically never in the crate unless they do something really bad, like chew up my bathroom door while I take a 45 minute nap even though they were not confined to the bathroom.

Anyway. Why are my dogs pooping in the one place they really shouldn't?

Dogs usually don't defecate where they eat or sleep. You need to take them to a vet to see if there are physical issues.

Anonymous

My shitzu does the same thing--be to the vet --nothing wrong with her--she even eats he poo--I have 2 one is very clean they use to sleep in the same create and I had to separate them so I now have only one dirty smelly dog instead of two. I have done every thing the vet said and anyone else nothing seems to work both dogs are a year old---I am at the point that I really do not want this dog---but don't want to get rid of her--I have had since she was 8 weeks--I have left her out in the pen for 3 hours she will come in and mess her bed--what can I do

We had problems with our dog also. He used to poop and chew shoes, table etc when we were not at home. Both my husband and I work a lot and had no time to take our Bud to dog training classes. We asked one friend who works in foster care (he is always surrounded by dogs) what we should do. He recommended one online dog behavior trainer. I love this trainer bit.ly/2s3XuQF

It helped us a lot, and I strongly recommend it for you.