Dog Pooping In His Own Bed

Occasionally a well trained pet will begin to have potty accidents in unusual places. This is a guide about a dog pooping in his own bed.

I have a 1 year old long haired Chihuahua who has been pooping in his own bed the last couple of days while I am at work. He stays in my big bathroom because he chews everything and after being potty trained using a crate he has never gone to the bathroom in the house. Now he is going in his own bed and still sleeping in his bed, next to his poop. Why do you think he is doing this?

I was gone for a week and I have been back for almost two weeks now and he started doing this a couple of days ago. My job allows me to be home a good amount of my day. I thought if dogs were mad they would go to the bathroom to get attention but not in their own beds. Please let me know what advice you can give me. Thanks so much!

Louda99 from Tampa, FL

Answers

first take him to the dr for a check up, there maybe something wrong with him. If not he is probably missing you, after all he is still very young.He may just be lonely and this may be his way of showing you he needs more attention and love

Chi's are very possessive of their owners. I would get him checked first, doing it in their bed is very unusual. I've had mine mad at me before, but, they never soiled the sleeping or eating area. They do like to chew when they're mad at you for leaving them. I had it easier with the "mad chewing", or pottying, once I got another chihuahua to keep the first one company. It takes time to bond when they're not raised together, but, the benefits are well worth the effort. Get a very young one to bond with the first one, so the first is the "alfa" dog. Good luck.

I'd have him checked by the veternarian. It sounds like he's sick. Animals dont soil where they sleep.

My dog is doing this he has suddenly taking a dislike to being in a pen and had started crapping in his bed although he has been in a pen at night since day 1. He also does it if I put him in the kitchen or do anything he dislikes. I went on holiday and put him in boarding kennels he came home and for the first day he was fine day 2 and 3 were hell he refused to do the toilet outside and did it all on my carpet. I believe my dog has done this on purpose as I would take him out and he would come straight in a squat down on the carpet.

I came across this post when I was looking for tips to stop these dirty protests he is going through. I also had him neutered he had to wear a cone for 2 days he refused to do the toilet outside I took the cone off and shock he went back to going outside. I love my dog and for the first few months he was perfect never did anything wrong, but I believe he is doing these dirty protests to get his own way I gave him full run of the house as he hated it in kitchen and was alway messing. This went on for weeks and when I gave him the full run of the house he went back to doing the toilet outside, I have 2 children and really don't want to re home him he gets daily walks he also gets so much love and attention he wants for nothing. I also take him out last thing at night. x

why does my dog age 7 years poo on his bedding

I have two 1 year old Beagle puppy brothers. They are not potty trained, but they do use potty pads very well. My biggest issue is that they constantly poop on their bed. I've had to buy 3 new beds for them.

We always buy a large bed definitely big enough for the both of them to have room to spread out and be comfortable and they actually like sleeping together. We wash the bed cover once a week so it's always fresh and they love to rub their faces in the bed when it comes out of the dryer.

First their bed was in a huge crate. They started pooping on it. We assumed the crate was the issue even though it's big enough to fit like 3 German Shepherds. So we moved the bed next to ours and it didn't change anything. Except now they pee on it too.

They do get taken out every few hours. The whole time we've had them (since they were 8 weeks old) either my fiance or I have been able to stay home (ie., if he works I don't and vice versa) so they're basically never in the crate unless they do something really bad, like chew up my bathroom door while I take a 45 minute nap even though they were not confined to the bathroom.

Anyway. Why are my dogs pooping in the one place they really shouldn't?

Answers

Dogs usually don't defecate where they eat or sleep. You need to take them to a vet to see if there are physical issues.

Anonymous

My shitzu does the same thing--be to the vet --nothing wrong with her--she even eats he poo--I have 2 one is very clean they use to sleep in the same create and I had to separate them so I now have only one dirty smelly dog instead of two. I have done every thing the vet said and anyone else nothing seems to work both dogs are a year old---I am at the point that I really do not want this dog---but don't want to get rid of her--I have had since she was 8 weeks--I have left her out in the pen for 3 hours she will come in and mess her bed--what can I do