Donation for Quilting Material to Sew for Charity

I am looking for any quilting material donations. I am sewing quilts for sick kids that have cancer or autism and lap blankets for the vets and elderly as well. Where can I get donations? Any suggestions?

Please help!
Thanks.

Put an ad in Freecycle or Craigslist. You can also go to fabric shops and ask for donations.

Definitely contact some quilt guilds near you. My mom belongs to a quilt guild and they are often giving materials and things away. Many metro areas and states have one.

Anonymous

thanks I will have to look that up

Do you have a local Senior Center? Many seniors do needlework and crafts and tend to collect stuff over the years. Maybe they would be glad to go through their stashes to help sick kids.

Youth clubs and organization usually have fun shirts that they give out throughout the years. I actually used the ones from my daughters clubs and civic affiliations to make her one for graduation.

We cut out the fun logos and used them for the shapes. Many nonprofits I am sure would be glad to donate leftover tshirts for a great cause.

I would put an ad on Craigslist for free. You would be surprised at the amount of people that will help you out since you are donating to charity.

I have a very large bin of cotton fabric I would like to donate, as well as a couple of packages of batting. PLEASE get in touch with me.

Are you near Jacksonville NC?

Where are you located? I have quite a lot of fabric and thread.