ColoringHair Tips

Dyeing Hair After Bleaching

Recently I had scalp bleached my hair and it is very unhealthy and brittle, and snapping greatly in some areas. I am naturally a brunette. I hate my hair like this and I regret dyeing it blonde. How long do I have to wait to dye my hair again? I am not bleaching it. I am just going to put in a semi-brunette colour.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

My best answer is: if your hair is this badly damaged, it should not be subjected to further chemical treatments. You should live with it or wear a wig until it all grows out.

My second best answer is: Apply a temporary brunette color, such as a weekly rinse. If you choose to go with a semi permanent color, choose one which has no oxidizers, catalysts or boosters of any kind. Above all, and I do mean above all, do a strand test to a small area at the nape of the neck before applying the solution to the entire head.

There are natural hair dyes you can use that have no harsh chemicals in them. Most of them are vegetable based dyes. Make SURE you do the strand test first! But this is what we used at the hair salon I worked at. Read your labels... they will say "no harsh chemicals", "vegetable based formula".