Easy Asian Soup
A quick and delicious soup using left over chicken, pork, or beef. Much healthier, cheaper and better than any canned soup you can buy.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- small piece of fresh ginger, minced or sprinkle of dried ginger
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup leftover chicken, pork or beef
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Chop onion, celery and carrot. I use a Black and Decker mini chopper that I found in a free box at a garage sale and love it! Saves a lot of time and energy.
- Cook vegetables in a heavy pot in olive oil until tender; about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and ginger to taste.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to simmer.
- Add cooked meat to mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and lime juice.
- Optional: Add noodles or rice if desired. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!