Easy Baked Rice Dish

I make this rice dish often for my family because it's so easy and they love it! Just throw everything in the dish and bake, dinner is done! This makes a great side dish for the main course. You can also use broth instead of the consommé, but the flavor is not as robust. You can experiment with different spices and seasonings.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Gather your ingredients.
  2. In 8x8 baking dish add the rice, the beef consommé, chopped onions and butter. Salt and pepper as desired.
  3. Place in the oven at 350 F. Bake for 40-45 mins.
  4. Enjoy!

You have my vote! That looks delicious!!

I will have to make it gluten free. Campbell's Beef Consomme has wheat in it. So, I'm thinking maybe some gluten free Swanson's beef broth with some Herb ox Beef bouillon cubes in it would be good. Do you think that would work?

Yes, broth works well and adding the bouillon cubes would add extra flavor. You can also add mushrooms, diced peppers etc. if desired.

Oh this sounds great. I'm going to try this. Ill let you know how it turns out.

This sounds delicious, and I love rice, so I want to try this very soon! You got my vote, too.

I'm sure this tastes good but I'm not sure what the point of baking is. It looks like standard cooked rice. This could just as easily be made on a stovetop, using less energy, less time and less cleanup.

If you want the rice dry with a crusty bottom, simply use a little more heat and less water, and lift the lid at the end.

I have made this rice dish, and it is delicious!!!