Easy Meatless Quiche Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
December 19, 2014
An easy meatless quiche to have for parties and dinner!
Total Time: 1hour 15 minutes
Yield: 2 pies
- 2 pre made pie crusts (the roll out ones in the refrigerated section were great size to make a nice edge and they tasted better than the frozen ones!
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 8 eggs
- 1 can of 'cream of' soup (I have used cream of celery, cream of mushroom and cream of brocolli on different occasions)
- 1/2 cup various cut up veggies (Celery, carrots, onions, red or green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss or your favorite)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp tumeric or your favorite spices (optional)
Note: I added some mushrooms to one of my pies and not the other and sprinkled paprika on top to differentiate the two. Feel free to add your favorite veggies and spices to your recipe for your guests tastes!
- Cut up your choice of veggies and dredge in flour. Add to the bottom of the uncooked pie crusts.
- Mix together the eggs, half and half and creamed soup. Pour on top of the floured veggies.
- Cover the edges of your pie crust with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the edges and bake 15 minutes longer (or until brown)
- Let it rest a while and it will condense somewhat. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.