Eating Breakfast Before School

Category Breakfast
Studies have shown that students perform better in school if they eat breakfast. Busy schedules sometimes make this a difficult task. This is a page about eating breakfast before school.

We use to struggle with what to have for breakfast. The kids wanted poptarts every day (not nutritious enough for us) and the delay in deciding what they wanted was enough to make us miss the school bus!

My children have come up with a breakfast schedule and they posted it on the fridge. It works because they created it. They listed days of the week and the breakfast meal that will be served that morning. It looks something like this:

• Monday: Toast or cereal
  • Tuesday: Bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter
  • Wednesday: Pop tart
  • Thursday: Egg (with cheese) or yogurt
  • Friday: Sausage and biscuit or breakfast sandwich.

This has saved our sanity and provided a more nutritious start to our day when we add a glass or milk and juice as well as our multi-vitamin.

Now if I could just get them the eat something besides turkey for lunch!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

I have an eight year old and we're always rushed on school mornings, so I make up a batch of waffles ahead of time and freeze them in individual serving sizes. Then you take them out of the freezer and put them in the toaster and they come out awesome! They're crispy and chewy and my son loves them!

By Julie

Parenting School BreakfastSeptember 8, 2014
🎃