Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
February 10, 2015
Meatless, but my husband says it tastes like meat.
Total Time: About 1 1/2 hours
- 1 eggplant
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans, smashed (I used cannellini)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil (I used a sprinkling of dried)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and put the eggplant on it.
- Roast it until tender, around 50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes, then slice it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh, and place it in a bowl.
- Then stir in the egg and beans.
- Then add the garlic, basil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Mist with spray (I omitted this step).
- Shape the eggplant mixture into balls and place on the sheet. Mist with spray (I did not mist).
- Bake balls about 20 minutes, until they are golden.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.