You don't need to use meat to prepare a delicious meatball. There are many veggies that can be substituted. This is a guide about eggplant meatballs
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Meatless, but my husband says it tastes like meat.
Total Time: About 1 1/2 hours
- 1 eggplant
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans, smashed (I used cannellini)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil (I used a sprinkling of dried)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and put the eggplant on it.
- Roast it until tender, around 50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes, then slice it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh, and place it in a bowl.
- Then stir in the egg and beans.
- Then add the garlic, basil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Mist with spray (I omitted this step).
- Shape the eggplant mixture into balls and place on the sheet. Mist with spray (I did not mist).
- Bake balls about 20 minutes, until they are golden.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce.