Elastic That Stretches Horizontally?

May 5, 2008

wide elastic on pink fabricI'm looking for elastic for sewing that stretches horizontally instead of vertically. I really need black in a strip about 22 inches long. Does anyone know where I can get something like this?



Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 149 Feedbacks
May 5, 20080 found this helpful

Search on ebay under the category:
craft then fabric then fabric embellishments. You should see elastic then put in the key words 2 way stretch elastic. You should find it successfully. If you see some others are selling, ask them the same question first before you bid.
Also check hancock or joann fabrics online they sell 2 way elastic.
I have made kids headbands from that so you should find it in those places.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By louises snyder (Guest Post)
May 7, 20080 found this helpful

I would check of Hobby Lobby, or even the thrift store, but that could be a bust. But any hobby shop should have what you want. Now that you bring it up I want to make one for a White Sox game, that when Halk Harrilson screams "stretch, streatch" for a home run I could have a piece of elastic, meaning much wider than your referring to but I thought it was a great idea, may even get us on tv.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 141 Feedbacks
June 18, 20140 found this helpful


Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question
Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 4, 2014
Summer Ideas!
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-08-05 08:11:35 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.