Elasticated Ribbon Bookmark
A delightfully simple and elegantly pretty method for marking pages. Each marker you make will be tailored to fit a particular book which makes this an ideal addition to a gift. It works best with hard backs. Paperbacks may bend or buckle under the strain of the elastic.
- 1 hair elastic
- enough ribbon to wrap around your book
- 1 button
- needle and thread
- Cut enough ribbon to wrap around your book from top to bottom with space for the hair elastic.
- Fold one end of the ribbon over twice for sturdiness.
- Sew in place with a back stitch.
- Stitch your button in place.
- Loop the other end of the ribbon through the elastic and stitch in place.
- Your bookmark is now ready to use. Lay it on the page you want to save and close the book.
- Catch the button in the elastic to hold the bookmark in place.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!