Fabric Donations for Center to Prevent Violence Against Women

The Islamabad Women's Center is a violence prevention program that uses entrepreneurship and education to empower women in the slums. We are just starting to get up and going. We have enough money to buy sewing machines and pay to rent for our center, however we would greatly benefit from any fabric anyone is willing to donate. I live in Atlanta and am a doctoral candidate in, violence against women prevention, at GSU. I am working with a colleague who lives in Islamabad and currently works with children in the slums. Donations sent to me (since it may be cheaper) is fine and I can pay for the shipping overseas. Included are the websites if you would like to check us out!

Go Fund Me: https://www.gofundme.com/IWCPakistan
Website: https://vawppakistan.com
Thank you so much!
Becky Wilson and Asma Naz

What a great cause! I was in Atlanta area a number of years. You might consider subscribing to the ArtNews listserve www.pd.org/.../artnews and ask your question there, anybody involved in textile/fabric arts would I am sure be able to help you out.

Also my mom does quilting and I know that she and her quilt friends often donate things to causes, and a lot of time they have tonnes of fabric to get rid of.

Here's a list of quilt guilds in Georgia whom you could contact: www.generations-quilt-patterns.com/georgia-quilt-guilds.html

good luck!