Father's Day Crafts for Kids

Nothing means more to Dad than a Father's Day gift made by his children. This is a guide about Father's Day crafts for kids.

Children love making and giving gifts which they always put their hearts into, so why not let them give both to Dad on his special day. Here is an easy, but heartfelt gift for them to create. An adult will need to help with the handle, but the kids can design the rest.

Approximate Time: 1 hr.

Instructions:

1. Remove label from can and wash thoroughly.
  2. Drill a hole on each side of can at top. (Adult should do this step.)
  3. Cut a piece of paper the width of the can and long enough to wrap around, just like the label was. Let the kids decorate the label.
  4. Attach to can using double backed tape. Poke hole through paper where the can holes are.
  5. Bend wire for handle and insert through holes. Bend each end up to secure handle.
  6. If children are old enough, have them write down reasons they love Dad. They can also draw small pictures for him.
  7. Ad

8. Tear off reasons and pictures and fold each one up. Put all of them inside can. If the children are too young to write, ask them to tell you and write down everything they say.

I did this with my grandchildren and one of my youngest granddaughter's reasons was that "Daddy's feet don't stink". Of course that one went into the bucket along with the rest and I'm sure "daddy" will love it! My oldest granddaughter said that she loves how daddy's hugs feel. Dad will feel like a king on Father's Day!

We decorated ours to look like a paint pail and wrote "Heartbeats for Daddy" on it. We put all the love notes in a zip lock bag that had hearts on it and tied it with ribbon and put it in the pail. Then we attached this poem that I wrote for them. Please feel free to use it.

Poem:
Here's a can I filled for you
But paint you will not find
Instead you will discover
All the love I feel inside

You mean the whole wide world to me
So a shirt just would not do
Instead I put in bits of my heart
Of what I feel for you

As you read each heartbeat
Please know I feel them every day
You are my special Daddy
And in my heart you'll always stay

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Glue your hand print to the top of pencil or dowel and poke into a nice plant for Dad and he will smile all day.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Trace around your hand on a piece of skin tone colored craft foam.
  2. Cut out and glue down the thumb and three fingers leaving the pointer finger up.
  3. Cut out letters to spell DAD from card stock, construction paper, or white craft foam.
  4. Glue to front of hand.
  5. Cut strips of paper or foam to make a "#" sign and a number "1".
  6. Glue to the finger.
  7. Glue hand to the top of a pencil or dowel stick.
  8. Poke into a plant and give to dad or grandpa!

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Father's Day is just around the corner. So let the kids create these cute baseball cap note holders for Dad. They would also make cute place card holders for a baseball themed birthday party.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

An adult should use a serrated knife to cut a 6 inch Styrofoam ball in half.

1. By rubbing the two pieces together, you can "sand" them flat on the bottom.
  2. Draw a 6-inch oval onto your desired color of craft foam for hat brim. The oval should not be any wider than the Styrofoam ball.
  3. Cut out oval and set aside. Use the sponge brush to paint the Styrofoam half to match the brim and allow to dry.
  4. Glue oval to the bottom of the cut ball to make the hat brim.
  5. Draw and cut out DAD letters from cardboard.
  6. Glue letters to front of cap.
  7. Add a few push pins.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Cute, easy idea for kids to do for Father's Day! Have them make him an instant tool or pen/pencil holder for his desk or workshop.

Total Time: 5 minutes

• 1 empty can
  • 4 photos or postcards the same size
  • cord or yarn
  • 1 scissors
  • 1 a hole punch

1. Just get 4 postcards, family photos or even pictures cut from dad's favorite magazine (fishing, hunting, cars, golf, etc.) and punch holes in each corner.
  2. Then tie them together and slip over a coffee or other can.
  3. Easy and so cute for Father's Day!

Decorated boxes, such as a sturdy photo box, become the perfect storage container for Dad's favorite photos, cards, and other memorabilia. This is a guide about how to make a Father's Day memory box.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This cute jar filled with peanuts is a nice inexpensive gift the kids can make for Father's Day. This is a guide about, "I'm nuts about you!" recycled jar craft.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

A great project for the kids to make Dad for Father's Day or his birthday is a small first aid kit for home or office. This is a guide about making a first aid kit for dad.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Make a fun Father's Day or other special occasion gift for the special dad in your life. Making a shirt and tie bookmark for dad, is an easy Father's Day craft.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Kids can make this simple Father's Day gift using a paint stick, ruler, and a marker. This is a guide about, "Dad, you rule" ruler craft.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I can't come up with an idea of what to make my Dad for father's day. He likes Minecraft and Marvel and doesn't like sports. Please help!

By Amanda M.