Finding Discontinued Wallpaper

I would like to redecorate 2 bedrooms - on a budget. The present wallpaper is fine, but is peeling and needs replacing in areas around the room.

Please advise where I can get obsolete replacement.

Thanks in advance

There are many sites online that sell discontinued wallpaper. The challenge is you usually need to know the brand and if you know the pattern even better.

This is one of the sites. If someone can help you ID the pattern, you have a better chance of finding rolls on eBay, ETSY, tag sales, Goodwill etc.

www.wallpaperboulevard.com/.../how-to-find-discontinued-wallpaper...

Because of all the issues in trying to find old wallpaper and even if you do find it, getting the new to match the old, I gave up and ripped all of the wallpaper out of my house. If you are set on wallpaper, it is a shame, but sometimes it is just easier and less expensive to start from scratch.

Another neat thing I did when I lived in a place I couldn't hang wallpaper, was to hang fabric that looked like wallpaper.

www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-removable-fabric-w-74483

This used to be a fun way to make a place homey!

Good luck!! Post back what you learn!

I would take this picture to an established wallpaper store. Some old timer might be able to help you.

I agree with Pghgirl about the newer wallpaper not matching as wallpaper tends to fade or turn "yellowish" (and sometimes gets dirty just from being exposed to the elements in the room - and horrors against horrors if anyone ever smoked in the room!).

You may try Google for wallpaper stores with your zip code (or use your old telephone book) and send an email with a photo to each asking if they can identify the brand and/or pattern and ask if they happen to have any rolls in their storeroom.

You might want to take measurements for complete new coverage (measure the room walls and the store personnel can tell you how many rolls you will need) and also ask if the store has any type papers on sale/clearance.

🌻
🎂
🎃