Finding Fabric Donations for Cancer Head Wraps

I'm making stylish head wraps for cancer patients and looking for fabric donations. Any suggestions?

Put an ad on Freecycle. I would also go to fabric stores. I'm sure they would donate to such a worthy cause.

I would suggest getting on your local town or county Buy, Sell and Swap page on Facebook and asking people in your local community who may do quilting and have too much fabric. Search facebook using keywords like the name of your town and "swap" or "trade."

What a worthy cause!

You have been given a lot of good suggestions but I would recommend a visit to your local Hospice thrift store as I feel sure they will contribute (probably more fabric than you can use!).

thrift stores many time have a yard or two of fabric for much less that you could get in stores ALSO if you by a LARGE size of a dress mens shirt etc. the can be cut down onto a lot of fabric...a round in the washer and your ready to go

I believe that just putting an ad on craigslist or local facebook groups would garner lots of replies.

Another obvious choice is any local quilting group or guild. My mom belongs to one and not only do they donate things to charity, they specifically create quilts for cancer patients.

Here's a great quilt guild directory where I'm sure someone would hook you up - www.quiltguilds.com/

Anonymous

I like to recycle clothes that do not fit anymore or I like the fabric but not what it was sewn into. Free clothes for fabric may be easier to come by than actual yardage. A skirt, dress, or shirt would be plenty to make head wraps and many other small items.

Are you still looking for fabric? I have a children's furniture store and have many fabrics that I would like to donate at this time. Please contact me. Shelly

Hi Shelly,

Do you still have fabric you would like to donate? I have 2 girl scouts working on their silver award and are in need of fabric.

If you can help out, I can give you all of the details! Thank you, Carrie

I am looking for fabric for specialneeds fundraising. I need fabric to sew bags/Coin purse or aprons raise money for this event.

I have bags and bags of fabric that I'm looking to donate. Mom is downsizing and has so much fabric to get rid of!

I also have bags of fabric and am looking for a group of women who would like to make some projects for the needy with me. No ideas at this point. I live in Burnaby BC.

Shelly,

Just wondering if you have any additional fabric to donate? I sew chemo caps and have been using fabric from my stash but am getting low....Would be willing to pay postage....Thanks so much....

I have a fabric pieces you might like. Tell me what sizes you need.

try Fabric Donations At J&O Fabrics if you go there, there is a form you fill out.

I have several bins of fabric that I would like to donate. I live in Northern California, so if you are in the area, I can work to get it to you.