CharityBetter Living

Finding Free Furniture

I'm on SSDI and I just got my apartment. It is completely empty. I'm in need of all furniture: bedroom, kitchen, living room, and bathroom. So if you know any organization that can help me it would be great. I have nothing. Bless you for even reading this. I live in Kinston North Carolina.

Thank you.

What I did when I wanted furniture was to wander the streets of the nicer areas of town before trash day, or college dorms/student housing after may or after december. These sorts of people always throw out great stuff.

Aside from that, you shoudl always be monitoring these sites:

this site offers info on different Eastern Carolina organizations that provide free clothing, but they might have leads on free furniture:

If you live near a college or apartment complex, people throw out perfectly good stuff all the time. Visit the college on move-out day, and the complexes towards the end of the month.