Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Sacramento, California

Category Health
If you live in Sacramento and need low cost pet care, there may be some options for you. This is a guide about finding free or low cost pet clinics in Sacramento, California.

I need help with my 15 year old dog. His health is declining and I have no money to put him down. I live in Sacramento. He is starting to walk crooked, loosing his eyesight in 1 eye, and he is old. I am the only person working at this time and I have 1 adult and 3 young adults in my home. We love our dog, but I don't want him to suffer. Where can I find assistance to help my pet?

Answers

Best Answer

I would call around to the local dog shelters and ask them.

Best Answer

Go to your local ASPCA. They may be able to help.

I desperately need to find a free or very low-cost veterinary clinic to take my 5 month old female cat to. She's suffering from ear mites, needs all of her vaccinations, and needs to be spayed! Any suggestions where I can take her in the Sacramento, California 95821 area?

By Suzette W.

Answers

You should have thought of your financial situation before you decided to own a Cat she will soon be ready to have a litter and her Ears need immediate attention. In her best interest please surrender her to the RSPCA who will place her with an owner who can look after her the way she is entitled to be.

With the over 13,000 animals taken in this year by the Sacramento SPCA, maybe half were adopted. Many were rescued by various rescue groups. SPCA, rescue groups, you and me, need money to help any animal. This is done by the generosity of the folks donating their time and money.

These organizations struggle with finances just like many of us do. Sounds like you obviously want to least do what you can for your little cat. That I believe is why you asked for feedback. So instead of suggesting you surrender a 5 month old unspayed female cat to the pound (everyone's looking for little baby kittens anyway), I'd say try sacanimal.org (Sacramento Area Animal Coalition) for a list of resources or give 'em a call.

Also Western Feed & Supply has 5 locations in Sac and a mobile clinic that comes around with nice low cost vaccinations & tests. Pick up a flyer in the store. The prices are very reasonable. Usually it's every Saturday for a couple hours. Be prepared to stand in line, it's quite popular. (I go there to shop, but it's so cute seeing all the different pets standing in line waiting for their shots, lol).

I have a little one I adopted from the SPCA right before she was to be put down. I love her to pieces. I'm not wealthy, but I do my best to give her a good home. Like I would any of my kids. Best wishes for you and your kitty.

Hi, the SPCA will spay and give shots to your cat for 20.00. All you need do is call for a voucher and then keep your appointment. I've used this service many times as I foster kittens every season. It's a wonderful program.

Wow, if every person that couldn't afford expensive vet fees got rid of their animals there would be 100x the amount of animals that get euthanized. Think before you speak

Stop being so damn heartless....you have no clue to what her financial situation was prior to this situation. Just turn yourself in as a non-sympathic A hole.

I need to have my dog's teeth cleaned, but can't afford the outrageous prices I've been getting quoted. Isn't there a low-cost dental clinic in Sacramento or close by that understands dental care is important to a pet's health, but it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks.

Answers

You are in California and most vets are going to charge about the same amount. The lowest I could find was $600 so I'm not sure what you are expecting to pay.
The least expensive cleanings are going to be the vets who do not use anesthesia as this is the very expensive part of the process. you should also check out Yelp as they have a lot of dentists listed but you will just have to make phone calls to see about their prices. You can Google Anesthesia free dog dental care with your zip code and find some site to check.
I have some sites listed that you might want to look over - but the only way to get a price is to call them.

http://www.drjy  th-cleaning.html

https://www.yel  Sacramento%2C+CA

https://www.yel  Sacramento%2C+CA

Dental care for a dog is extremely expensive. Even buying a home care dental package to clean your dog's teeth is expensive. Most vets charge $600 for this service. However, if you buy a home care package they normally run around $179. This is still very expensive.

Here is an excellent article on how you can keep your dog's teeth clean.
https://www.the  ing-and-healthy/

Also read:
https://oxyfres  aque-dogs-teeth/
https://www.luc  e-dental-health/
https://www.you  ch?v=VGK217YTIYI

Catsabouttown.org offers it for $600. According to them, other places charge twice that. Is there a veterinary school by you?

A very friendly dog was left here in my yard (Pit Bull). It looks like it has a large sect hanging in the stomach area. I am willing to keep her, but can't afford a vet. Is there any vet who would help her in the Sacramento area? She is spayed.

By Ed H from Sacramento, CA

I have a dog who is sick. I need to know if there is a free pet clinic in the area of Sacramento, California.

By Shelletha