Finding Fuse on Craftsman Mower

I have a Craftsman 917.289700 with a 24hp B&S engine. Today it quit running while mowing. I thought it was gas, so I filled it up, but now it is a dead duck. Read in my manual, if you can call it that, to check a 30 amp fuse behind the dash, but no can see. Does anyone have a photo that would locate this for me?

Best Answer

I am a customer service rep for several lawn and garden companies. Usually when it says that the fuse is "behind the dash" you actually have to raise the hood and go in through the engine compartment and the fuse is most likely in the wiring harness. Hope this helps!

My mower starts but when I let the clutch out, it dies. Help please

I have the same problem: the engine idles, but it dies (1) when I let the clutch out or (2) when I engage the mower deck. Now it won't start at all. Nothing.

Hi I've got a craftsman riding mower that won't start,can you help me? When we try to start it it starts to turn over then it stops like it's hitting something and won't spin past that point,do you know what it could be?

Can u take a picture of we're the fuse is

Thank you so much for your input! My mower just stopped working while I was mowing and wouldnt turn over at all. Checked the fuse (which I didnt know it had haha) and it was totally blown!

Changed it and now its starts like a brand new mower again -sincerely, a stay at home Mom with no mechanical experience

Anonymous
Best Answer

I just had to find that fuse on my mower, different model but same wiring. I had to remove the battery and the battery mount. Sort through the red wires. You may have to cut a few wire this. The fuse holder looks like an unused connector. It will have two red wires going into it. Mine was connected pretty close to the main switch. When you are through be sure to redress the whirring, replacing any ties you cut. When you do, pull the fuse holder up and tie it offsomewhere easier to get to. Good luck.

Best Answer

The fuse should be near the solenoid. There might be a access panel that has 2 screws holding it on near your feet on the seat side.

The solenoid should be inside, and the wire on the side of the solenoid goes to the fuse.

Anonymous

take out the battery and you will see it... but before you do that check the kill switch under the seat. Sometime they get out of adjustment.

Anonymous

I found mine by the battery

I found mine by the battery