Finding Help After a Fire?

I need help my house burned down and everything I own need help getting into a place can I get help

Where do I go to get help? My house burned down and everything in it and I'm living couch to couch and can't find no one to help me. I can't afford to pay to get into a place. I need help.

Please call American Red Cross www.redcross.org/find-your-local-chapter.html and the Salvation Army www.salvationarmyusa.org/.../

Where to get help depends a lot on where you live as well as your age, financial circumstances, employed?, rental/owned home, number in family, children? so you will have to complete forms and make calls to see if you qualify for assistance from any agency suggested.
All state/counties have agencies that offer immediate (but usually temporary) help in cases like this.
American Red Cross is always the first place to ask for help.

Salvation Army offers help in several areas when you have a situation like this.
Almost all non-profit thrift stores help with clothing and furniture when you move into another house.
HUD offers different kinds of help so be sure to contact them to see what is available.
Google home burned need help/assistance with housing & food (add your zip code and several agency names/links will come up for you to contact).
Check with your local fire station as they usually have a list of places to contact for help after a fire.

Check out the answers on similar questions on ThriftyFun:
www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Agencies-to-Help-After-a...

check out this link as it looks like they offer free assistance:
www.farcnj.org/events

My friend went through this two years ago. If you have insurance, call immediately. They will reimburse you for a hotel. They will tell you how much you can spend. Her insurance also reimbursed her for renting a place while her home was rebuilt.

If you dont have insurance, call the Red Cross and they will provide temporary shelter. You can also ask them for agencies who can help in the long term.

You can also check local Churches, they have connections and resources to help people in need. Also you could tell your story on social media, there may be other resources out there in your area, that has funds to put you forward to restoring your life.

Some useful information here:
www.usfa.fema.gov/.../fa_46.pdf[/downloads/pdf/publications/fa_46.pdf]false
jenkinsrestorations.com/.../
www.housinggurus.com/.../

Better Living Charity AdviceApril 12, 2021
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Help-After-a-Fire-2.html