Finding Out How Much Child Support Owed

How do I (father) find out how much child support I owe?

By BM

Wasn't it court ordered? If not contact your local child support enforcement office.

You should be able to call your state or county child support (or family support) department and they will need some information from you: your name, mother's name, kid's name, birth date of child(ren), if you ever were served with court papers, from which court, and any info on that.

Thank you for wanting to find out and (I hope) make good on the support you may owe your child(ren). As a solo parent of 2 teenagers whose paternal unit does not support them at all, I appreciate your efforts!

Yes, MooseMom and Redhatterb are right. You should be able to reach your county's child support enforcement office through your county's Jobs and Family Services (welfare) office. They can also provide you with a toll-free number so you can track whether they've received and processed your payment.

The automated system allows you to search by SS number or support order number. If you live in OH, the number is 800-860-2555. The JFS website for OH is jfs.ohio.gov.
Best to you as you seek to support your child(ren.) Wish my own father had felt the same...