SSDI and Past Due Child Support

I have a friend that receives SSDI and for the past 7 years has had his benifits garnished because of non payment of child support. The question I have is can that really be legal if the children are not yours but your wife's? Now they are divorced and he still is being garnished and he still is paying her debt. The children were never legally adopted by the step father. Can he get some sort of reimbursement for the money he has had to pay out for the ex-wife's children? They are all grown now and he has paid over 6000 dollars and still owes 6000.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 10, 20150 found this helpful

Only the SSA can answer your friend's questions. Your friend should make an appointment with SSA and provide any required information for the appointment. He can also appeal the SSA's actions and decisions.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 10, 20150 found this helpful

An addition to my first answer-your friend can also discuss his case with an attorney who specializes in SSA matters to learn if he should file an action against SSA.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportSeptember 9, 2015
Pest Control
Mother's Day Ideas!
Easter Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/04/16 16:23:26 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!