Paying Back Child Support

My ex had custody and was receiving foodstamps and a medical card from jobs and Family Services. My license was taken away for not being able to pay back child support. Unfortunately he passed away 2 weeks ago and the 2 children are living with me. I called the child support office and they are closing his case. My questions are, will they let me get my driver's license reinstated so I can take the children to school and my 2nd question is, even though they're closing the case will I still owe the state for them being on foodstamps and receiving medical cards?

I am low income myself and on SSI and have custody of my 4 yr old autistic grandson who also is disabled and receiving SSI for his disability. We are poor people and I need my license back more than ever, I have no idea how I am going to support all of us and have to pay back child support to the state even though the father has passed.

Your question doesn't make sense.
Assuming the children are under 18. If they're over 18, you pay for nothing for them obviously.
The kids received medical care and foodstamps because their father was low income enough to qualify.
The food card wasn't theirs, it was their father's. Since he's gone, the foodcard would be closed out with his case.

It wouldn't make any sense for you to pay for the kids to get a food card or the same medical care because those were free benefits provided to the father because he couldn't afford them.
You are responsible for the kids now and those benefits will come through you. You'd have to qualify for food stamps and it would be your money, not theirs. The medical would have be applied for under you now.
If you weren't low income, you wouldn't qualify for benefits, and as minors dependent on you, they wouldn't qualify for any either.