Finding Out the Value of Old Books

Category Books
Depending on the condition and the rarity, antique books and magazines can be valuable. This is a guide about finding out the value of old books.

I am trying to find the value of this Waverly novel, #4, published in 1829.

By Joe

Answers

Best Answer

Hi - I check eBay and Google for information on old books. You may be surprised at what info is available but eBay also has discussion sites that will help find info on books like this. Good luck - you may have a nice "find".

I am trying to determine the possible worth of a 4 volume collection of Mark Twain published in 1900. They include a statement and signature of the author. They are in fair to good condition.

Answers

Old Mark Twain books from 1900 may have some value, however, it can be very difficult to search for a value and interested collectors. You can check EBay, CraigsList, and other sites for possible values. Try this site to start:

http://www.book … book-values.html

I am trying to determine the worth of a complete collection of the works of Edward Bulwer Lytton. The hardcover set was published in 1902 and is in fair to good condition.

Answers

This is an antique, since it is over 100 years old. It is also complete. Take it to a couple of book dealers for estimates.

How much is a book that is from 1922 worth? The book is about Abraham Lincoln and has a picture of him with his autograph under it and that is just a copy.

By Aaliyah A.

Answers

Old books from 1922 may have some value, however, it is very difficult to search for a value and interested collectors. You can check EBay, CraigsList, and other sites for possible values. Try this site to start:

http://www.book … book-values.html

I recently found a complete set of Voltaire's Oeuvres Completes, in 8 tomes. I believe it is an 1819 edition. There some damage to the bindings and some foxing on the paper, but otherwise in OK condition considering it's age. Could anyone tell me if it has any value?

By Oscar S.

I am interested in finding the value of the following books:

I also have a copy of the 1948 edition of Great Novelists and Their Novels by W. Somerset Maughham.

By Rise