Finding Out the Value of Old Books

Category Books
Depending on the condition and the rarity, antique books and magazines can be valuable. This is a page about finding out the value of old books.

I am trying to find the value of this Waverly novel, #4, published in 1829.

By Joe

Answers

Best Answer

Hi - I check eBay and Google for information on old books. You may be surprised at what info is available but eBay also has discussion sites that will help find info on books like this. Good luck - you may have a nice "find".

I have a 1963 Planet of the Apes book by Pierre Boulle which I believe is the first edition in English. It has slight smoke markings, but otherwise in very good condition. I'd like to know how much it is worth.

Thank you.

Answers

They dont seem to be worth more than $25 according to this source. www.abebooks.com/.../

This is a book that is slightly damaged and not in good condition. A book in good condition would sell for $25 used. You might be able to get around $15 for yours.

Thank you for your commenr. Fully understand.

There are many variables because of first edition, first book club edition, etc. so if you can match your book to one of the exact books that have SOLD (not asking prices, but actual SOLD prices on eBay) you can see the value in today's market:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1963+Planet...

If it matches one of the ones that had a best offer accepted, please let me know and I can tell you what they actually got.

That yours has some flaws will take 20-30% off of a sold value (meaning you can expect to get 20-30 percent less than the value that matches yours.

Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks!

I recently bought a storage locker that has a lot of ventured material in it, including books and a bunch of different stuff. I can't find the value of a lot of it. Can anybody help?

Answers

Your best bet would be to take to a book dealer for a free appraisal

I am trying to determine the possible worth of a 4 volume collection of Mark Twain published in 1900. They include a statement and signature of the author. They are in fair to good condition.

Answers

Old Mark Twain books from 1900 may have some value, however, it can be very difficult to search for a value and interested collectors. You can check EBay, CraigsList, and other sites for possible values. Try this site to start:

http://www.book  book-values.html

I am trying to determine the worth of a complete collection of the works of Edward Bulwer Lytton. The hardcover set was published in 1902 and is in fair to good condition.

Answers

This is an antique, since it is over 100 years old. It is also complete. Take it to a couple of book dealers for estimates.

I recently found a complete set of Voltaire's Oeuvres Completes, in 8 tomes. I believe it is an 1819 edition. There some damage to the bindings and some foxing on the paper, but otherwise in OK condition considering it's age. Could anyone tell me if it has any value?

By Oscar S.

Answers

Books over 100 years old are considered antiques, and have value. Take to several book dealers.

I am interested in finding the value of the following books:

I also have a copy of the 1948 edition of Great Novelists and Their Novels by W. Somerset Maughham.

By Rise

Answers

Any book over 100 years older has value. The newer books may have value if they are first editions or signed. Take them to several book dealers for free appraisals

How much is a book that is from 1922 worth? The book is about Abraham Lincoln and has a picture of him with his autograph under it and that is just a copy.

By Aaliyah A.

Answers

Old books from 1922 may have some value, however, it is very difficult to search for a value and interested collectors. You can check EBay, CraigsList, and other sites for possible values. Try this site to start:

http://www.book  book-values.html

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksMarch 5, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓