Finding Out the Value of an Old Bottle

Category Miscellaneous
There are many ways to come across old glass medicine or beverage containers, but it is not easy to determine their value. This is a guide about finding out the value of an old bottle.

I have an old bottle; it is made in 3 different pieces welded together. The top, neck, the body, and the bottom are all welded together so you can see the 3 different pieces and the glass welding. It stands about 12 inches high, with a diameter of 4 inches. If anyone can tell me what it is worth or something about it it would be a big help.

Russell

Answers

It would help if you had a picture of it to post. Also, does it have a seam on its sides which makes the glass called sandwich glass or is it hand blown and then welded together. This tells the age by the seam, is there any marking on the bottom? If you can take a picture of the bottom too, is the glass really thick? What color is it?

It has no seams on it it looks like it was cast in 3 separate pieces then welded together I will get a picture of when I return to Australia and post it. There is no writing on the bottom of it also if this helps the glass is clear also Russell.

I can't find anything on my 2 medicine bottles. I found them digging. I've looked everywhere on the internet. The name on my bottles is (Blue Ridge Blue) on one side and the maker is Marshall Chemical Company Marshall, Virgina.

By Steven from Elkton, VA