Finding Plants

From friends, nurseries and specialty stores, locating the garden or house plants you want isn't hard once you start looking. This guide is about finding plants.

I want to do a container garden with the following plants: Bloody Dock (Rumex Sanguineus), Kent Beauty Ornamental Oregano (Origanum 'Kent Beauty'), Verbena (Verene tenuisecta 'Edith'), Red Ace Twinspur (Diascia 'Red Ace'), Pink Crystals Ruby Grass (Melinis nerviglumis) and Silver Mist Licorice Plant (Helichrysum petiolare 'Minus'). I am having a difficult time finding these plants -- Is it too early in the season? The only thing I've found is Verbena.

Meari

Answers

Verbena is probably the most common found on your list. Call around and check your local nurseries.
Try some websites...Scotts,Home Depot, etc. A lot
have question/answers available. I found Scotts to be quite informative. They send emails for seasonal upkeep and have numerous info on all plants. Some communities have gardening clubs. You just might have one. Call your city and find out. Good luck! Happy searching!Jennifer:)

You can find "Kent Beauty" at Herbs@mulberrycreek.com and go into "Google" and type in the plants name and lots of lots of web sites will come up. Good Luck

I went the route of looking for the plants online. I didn't really want to order the plants for various places and was hoping someone might know of one or two places. I found the verbena locally. Was just hoping for an easier way! :)

There is a web site called Garden Web. I am a member and have traded plants across Canada. If you live in the US then you could go onto that site, join for free, go into the exchange section and place your request. You will be surprised at the helpfulness and quick response from other members.

I have had two burning bushes for about three years now and they haven't bloomed yet. They'll turn green in the spring, but that's about it.

You show Lysichiton, Crocodile Tears in your pictures. Is the plant available on the market? If so do you have a source. Thank You.

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By Ran from Portland, NY