Finding a Free Bed

Where can I get a bed? I am a single mother and cannot afford a bed for myself. Somebody stole my bed and I am sleeping on a cot at the moment and really need a bed. Can anyone help me with any resources?

Best Answer

It would help if we knew if you were in a large city or small town. I would get on the phone and call churches and ask whoever you talk to if there is a bulletin board for their parish.I'll be some family has an extra bed and even someone would have a truck to help deliver it.Call any food bank organization because they usually have links to other sorts of help. If there is a craigslist for your area, look under free listing. There are always people giving away beds. Facebook too is a good place to put out the word. Hope this helps.

Hi.I need bed I just move to Sacramento. And my kids and I .we sleep on the floor ...and I don't have money to buy beds I have 4kids amd me can u plz help me

I live in Huntsville AL im due less than ten weeks

Best Answer

Don't know where you live, but here in Illinois we have a site called "Freecycle". Give it a try.

Freecycle.org is starting to be all over the united states and is growning. Everything must be given away and they do expect you to balance the taken and the giving. But anything from coupons, to furniture, to clothing, to electronics are commonly given away.

I have even seen cars and computers. The idea is to keep things out of the landfills. People post what they no longer want and you email back and the giver chooses who gets the item. For me I always pick the most polite, others pick the first to respond. You may also post a looking for or a wanted item as well.

Best Answer

If you live in a larger city where there is a Salvation Army, you can get a voucher once a year for a piece of furniture - I'm assuming a bed would be furniture, right. Doesn't hurt to try!

Thank you

I m in need of a full boxspring and mattress ,I would be thankful for your help

I need help with alot of stuff got burn out of my home last monday

I hope you have found help with finding things you need.
Here are some suggestion in case you still need items.

Local churches
Freecycle
Craigslist
Salvation Army
Amazon Wishlist

In Vero Beach Salvation army told me they only give free furniture to disaster survivors.

Best Answer

Try hope to dream by Ashley Furniture. They gave both of my kids beds

I'm having trouble doing an online application can someosomeone help

I'm on SSI and I'm living in a senior apartment and I need Furniture if anybody knows where I can get help can you please reply back to me I live in the Deerfield Beach Florida area

Freecycle.org is starting to be all over the United States and is growning. Everything must be given away and they do expect you to balance the taken and the giving. But anything from coupons, to furniture, to clothing, to electronics are commonly given away.

I had to out of foreclosed properties and I had no way to get out of my old home and my daughter as well really need so help so body for help please

iam looking for a small bed i need sometjing like a bed to sleep on please help

Im lookin for a twin bed for my kids i have. Three grils and a boy i have a old twin bed but i need two more for them please can u help me

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 4, 2015
🎃