Finding a Free Mattress and Boxspring

Category Home & Garden
Finding a free mattress and boxspring is possible. A few options such as contacting local hotels are listed on this page. This is a guide about finding a free mattress and boxspring.

I'm trying to get my 18 yr old son a bed. We get SSI and SSA, but after rent and paying power and gas I just don't have extra $$ for a twin mattress. I've been looking on the free section on all sites, but no luck. If I do find a bed I don't have gas to pick it up. I just want him to have something to sleep on. The one he has now, he's had since age 8. The springs are coming through and it's killing his back, etc. So I am asking if you know where to find one free.
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

These are some unique tips that I would never have thought about for inquiring a free mattress:

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-get-a-free-mattress

- You can contact local hotels and ask if they are renovating or soon to and you'll be happy to take a bed off their hands. I did hear on the news that some hotels sell their furniture for really cheap when they're renovating.

- I know you've mentioned you searched the free sections of Craigslist, but you could post an ad asking for a free mattress and to be delivered. That it would be greatly appreciated that way they do not have to pay disposal fees on their end to bring the mattress to the landfill.
- Any friends/family/neighbors purchasing a new mattress? And instead of giving it to the company they purchased the mattress for recycle, if they can give the mattress to you.
- Contact any smaller mattress companies and ask if they would delivery you a mattress they are going to go recycle to the landfill.

Best Answer

Finding a free mattress.

Step 1
Check with the motels in your area they my have extras they do not need and give you one.

Step 2
Apartment complexes sometimes get stuck with matresses when people move out they would be glad for you to take it.

Step 3
Check with furniture stores they take the old mattresses when they deliver a new one.They may have one in storage.

I'm on SSD and disabled. I'm in need of a queen size boxspring and mattress. The one I have is over 12 yrs. old. Can someone please give me some ideas on who to contact or where to look? I would be so grateful. Once my rent, utilities, and auto insurance are paid my head is hardly above water.

Answers

Best Answer

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)
US Administration on Aging 800.677.1116 www.eldercare.gov-financial, employment, legal & caregiving help

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.
Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:
www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs
BottomLinePersonal.com050116-DCA