Finding a Replacement Elke Hutchens Doll

Category Dolls
Finding a replacement of a Elke Hutchens doll made 25 years ago can definitely be a challenge. You can post a specific request online and contact doll forums. You may want to have the broken doll repaired.

Attached are photos that show my 93 year old mother's favorite doll, but with the recently broken porcelain face. It's marked MBI 1994. As the photo shows it has a tag pinned to it that says "My name is Adam" and "I'm going to Detroit". He also slightly biting his left bottom lip. I have found many many "Hutchens" dolls from MBI online, but not this one.

Any help with where I can find a replace would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to give it to my mother for her 94th bday!

Answers

Best Answer

Poor dolly! I sure hope you can find him!

You could try to contact Danbury Mint and see if they have any new old stock. This is a long shot, but it could not hurt. The email is customerservice@danburymint.com

You could set up Google alerts, the challenge is you would need multiple ones because sellers often do not have a clue what they are selling and will list this as boy doll with red hair.

Some search criteria could be:

MBI red hair

MBI Adam doll

Hutchens Red hair

Hutchens 1994

Doll with note on shirt

Doll yellow shirt

Doll tennis shoes

I hope you find him! You have such a lovely heart to try!!

Best Answer

I do not believe you will find this doll but you may be lucky - will you find one in your 'time frame'? Probably not.

You should consider having this doll repaired as the damage is definitely fixable.
I believe your Grandmother would much rather have her original doll than a replacement that has belonged to someone else.

I have used this doll repair service and they do excellent work. Repairs can be expensive but I believe that will be a minor factor with this project.

They do give estimates and time frames.

www.dollsbydiane.com/

You can also Google doll repair with your zip code and you may find a doll hospital in your area which would save having to take a chance on shipping.

Here is one link:

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=V6O_XbOvKoO4sgWagJS4CQ...

Should you decide to do this and have to ship your doll, I would recommend taking him to a shipping shop so you can be confident he is safely packed for his journey.

Put alerts on eBay and Amazon. Hopefully something will be coming up soon.

There are a few doll forums that can help you find this doll. I think they are excellent and a good place for you to ask for help. Here is a few of them you can check out:

www.tapatalk.com/.../

dollreference.com/

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsDecember 8, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-09 23:07:06 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️