Finding a Source for Furniture Vouchers

If anyone has any information as to where I would be able to obtain furniture vouchers, please pass along the information. My family's home was destroyed in a fire and we lost everything. We were blessed to find a new place and would appreciate your help in finding furniture vouchers. Or if you can tell me how to find couches, beds, kitchen supplies, or anything that would help, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

By jewels2 from PA

I know the Salvation Army gives vouchers for furniture,clothes,kitchen items even toys. I'm sorry for your lose, there are many agencies across America that is there to help after a disaster. I would call local churches,United Way even 211 may have local agencies to help.

If there isn't a Salvation Army near you go to the one closest to you. Also check free stuff on Craigslist and in local papers. People give away great things instead of throwing them out.
Salvation Army and Church thrift stores are great in trying to help. If they don't have everything in one trip, they will call when items come available. Blessings to you and your family, I will say a prayer for your needs.

Go to the office of your local or nearby Salvation Army and ask for a voucher for whatever furniture you need. You can get the furniture free, if they have what you need. Also you can buy what you need at thrift stores and yard sales quite reasonably. Did you have homeowner's insurance that covered what furniture you had?

I live in an apartment and have renter's insurance that will cover damage to the apartment if a fire would be my fault, and enough coverage on my personal belongings that I can go out and buy new. There are some items I would never dream of replacing because that can't be replaced because of sentimental value. My insurance is less than $10.00 a month. Most charities that give free furniture expect you to be able to haul it yourself, and you only get the necessities. Also speak to your pastor, he might know of people that have things they want to get rid of.

Not sure what part of PA. you are in but another source would be to check Freecycle ( google Freecycle) as they have areas all over PA. I live near Williamsport and they have a local group that covers my area. Good luck as I know you can post what you need and if anyone can help they will reply or direct you to local sources.

The Red Cross is a source for vouchers.