Finding an Inexpensive or Free Used Refrigerator

When you need to find an inexpensive or a free used refrigerator, you can look in on Craigslist, freecycle, thrift stores, yard sales, or even check with local churches.

I am in need of a refrigerator ASAP. Mine went out two weeks ago and I have been buying bags of ice to keep what little food I can in there cool. I am a single mom with two young children on a fixed income and would appreciate any help at all with this matter. Thank you and God Bless.

Kris from Canton, Ohio

Answers

Best Answer

Check in the yellow pages of your telephone book under the heading Used Appliances or Appliances Used.

You can find some very reasonably priced appliances. My stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer were purchased at a used appliance store.

Most of these stores will deliver.

Best Answer

Have you tried calling any local churches? Some of them may be able to help you.

You could also check with your local thrift stores. In my area, the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) sell everything for half price every saturday, and some of them deliver as well.

Best Answer

I agree with all these ideas but first check with all your friends and relatives to see if anyone has a spare frig they may not even want.

By Estella (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Here in Cincinnati we have an organization called People Working Cooperatively that gives new refrigerators and water heaters to low income people in need. There is a similar program across the river in KY, so there might be one in your town too.

Call your local City Hall. If the person who answers doesn't know, speak to one of your elected officials. Spend long enough talking to them that they understand your need.

This program also does home repairs, gutter cleaning, smoke detectors, etc. They brought me a brand new refrigerator and took away the old one. There are income limits, but they are very fair. Good luck.

How do I get help with a refrigerator asap? My boyfriend got hit by a car and now having a lot of medical issues and had to have surgery. He will be out at least a year. I can't afford to rent one now. We have no medical insurance so anything suggestions would be helpful. Thanks and God bless all.

By Melanie P from Lorain, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Go to freecycle.org and look for a freecycle group in your area and when you find one post on there that you need a frig. The catch is you will need a way to pick it up.

Where I live the freecycle members aren't willing to deliver. As far as medical bills go, the person who hit your boyfriend should have insurance to cover the bills.

Best Answer

Oh yes Freecycle is great but also check out the free section in your local Craigs List. Good luck!

Best Answer

Also call your local Salvation Army and Catholic Charities offices because they might be able to help you locate one or at the very least direct you to other services for help!

Best Answer

Hello to you! I live in Lorain also! If you have internet, go to 211.org and it gives a list of all different places in Lorain that you can get help from for different things (like where food banks are, etc.).

There may be a listing for appliances. Good Luck!

Please help me with ideas for finding a free refrigerator.

Answers

Best Answer

Go on Freecycle. I see them offered often.

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 25, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂