Finding the Value of Antique Furniture

How can I find out if an antique table and chairs are worth anything? The chairs all need to be repaired.

By Nel M.

Don't be surprised if your antique dinning room set isn't worth as much as you hoped. Unless it's a really unique brand in mint condition you will find that people can buy a brand new set made in China for less money.

I suggest you call around to antique shops and tell them what you have & see if they take consignment furniture. Good Luck!

I don't think it matters if it is worth anything or not. If you like the furniture, or if it is family furniture that has been handed down, and has sentimental value, get it repaired. If you don't like it, then contact antique furniture shops and consignment shops to see what something like it will be worth. I would never trade either of my antique/vintage tables & chair sets for something new made in China. On the photo it looks like a very nice, good quality table. I would do the repairs. Cheap modern things are seldom made to last.