Finding the Value of a Old Japanese Vase

Many beautiful antique china pieces, like vases were manufactured in Japan. This is a guide about finding the value of a old Japanese vase.

Can any one tell me about this lovely old vase? It has been in the family for years. Does anyone know if it has value?

Answers

Best Answer

(Describe Your Image Here)

I am hoping to get help determining the value, maker, and history on a bronze Japanese vase.

Answers

You need to look on the bottom for markings. It will be very hard to identify and place a value without that.

It looks like a Japanese Champleve Cloisonne Vase. Look on the bottom for markings.

I agree with attosa that it looks like it is in the family of Japanese Champleve Cloisonne Vase.

My friend's late wife (may she rest in peace) collected these pieces. Enamel and brass. They were HUGELY popular for a while...I want to say that was in the 1980s, maybe early 1990s.

I was not able to find an exact match to yours on eBay at the moment. There are tons of similars, but you know from our previous discussions, I am all about EXACT matches of SOLD items where you can.

I can't remember my brass markings...although I do remember many of the newer at the time had paper stickers which came off.

The peacock makes this piece unusual to me, as I am more familiar with ones with elephants or decorative (not figurative--figures) handles.

Save this one to take to a trusted antique dealer. In general the brass and enamel pieces are all over the board in values. I am not sure how tall this lovely is, but the taller ones seem to get more than the smaller ones.

It is quite lovely and I wish my friend's wife was here, because she would be able to tell me everything about it. Sad.

Circle back with me to share what you learn!! As we have talked about, I love learning values of things in other parts of the world!!

Thanks for sharing!