Current contest contender!
My kid wanted fries but then again there's nothing on my fridge but a thousand grams of anchovies. I don't know what its called in some countries, but in mine we call them fish fries. So here's a unique, healthy snack I made for my picky eater kid.
- 1 kg anchovies (tiny fish - heads removed)
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 tsp iodized fine salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Mix salt, pepper and cornstarch. Drop fishes by batch into mixture.
- Coat fish very well.
- Deep fry fishes by batch.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Place on strainer to remove excess oil.
- For the sauce, mix a tablespoon of tomato ketchup and a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Serve fish fries with sauce.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!