Fixing Runny Fudge?

For the first time I made Jack Daniels fudge yesterday. It has been in the fridge for 24 hours and not set.
When the mixture was in the pan it got to the boiling point and was hot enough, so I put marshmallows in.

Can you give any advice on what I can do with this mixture? It had hardened on top, but is gooey underneath.

By Lucy

Best Answer

At Christmas I make Bourbon Balls and I'll tell you,the alcohol in it is the problem. It will practically melt the Chocolate when you're dipping them. I'm sure the problem has been solved by now but next time, whip up a dark chocolate cake mix and frost it with the fudge - similar to a Milky Way Cake.

I put to much canned milk which it said to use in my fudge suppose to be 5oz I put 12oz how can i get it to set up?j

Serve over ice cream?

Try making a Jack Daniels cake or cupcakes. Make a white cake (mix or from scratch), and stir the fudge in after making the batter. Bake at a 25 degrees lower temperature, and probably a few minutes longer than the cake recipe says, as the extra sugar may scorch at the higher temperature.

You can also try JDsicles. Mold the fudge into balls, put in a popsicle stick in each, freeze and then eat like a popsicle when frozen. Hope this helps.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJanuary 15, 2015
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fixing-Runny-Fudge.html