Fudge Did Not Set Up

My fudge has good flavor, but it didn't quite set hard enough. Am I supposed to use condensed or evaporated milk, or does milk vary by recipe?

Every receipe is different. Most call for sweetened condensed milk, but there are others that call for heavy cream. The key, I have found is to follow the instructions to the letter. Watch it carefully, and enjoy! When it doesn't set, it makes great spread or apple dip!

The recipe that I use is the one my grandmother used all her life. I have never had an issue unless I do not follow the recipe. If I do not cook it long enough or change an ingredient then I have an issue. If youre recipe calls for condensed or evaporated milk then you should use this and not whole milk.

Recipes vary, you should follow the recipe to the letter,but in case of a mishap,use your fudge as a melted topping or glaze on another dessert!

Sizes of bags of chocolate chips have decreased. Make sure you are following the recipe using the correct ounces. Use this fudge as an ice cream topping or make truffles.

Varies depending on recipe.

This link may help you out: www.thespruceeats.com/fix-overcooked-undercooked-fudge...

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 15, 2019
🎄
🎉