Fixing a Pneumatic Chair

I have an air lift saddle stool that will not stay down! The minute I stand up, the seat rises all the way! It's exactly the opposite of everyone else's problem! I can't find that issue anywhere for advice! Can someone help?

newport,
That is what they're supposed to do. Then when you sit down again, the chair should go to whatever height setting you have it on.... at least that's how mine works, and always has since I bought it. If this answer doesn't help, maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Good luck and stay healthy.

thank you for responding! The seat shoots up instantly to the highest it can go..it never did that before....but i foolishly let someone borrow it and this is how it came back....before when you pressed the lever...you could raise it up or down....but it never shot up on its own!

also when we unscrewed the seat....it works just like it should...but once the seat is in place..pressing on the "air button"that is enough to make it shoot straight up!

I've never had that happen, so I'm not sure what to think. Did you ask the one you loaned it to if they did something to the adjuster on your chair? After your reply, I did some more searching and found no help with this problem.....so sorry. There is probably a 1-800 phone number you could try getting a solution from...at least it's worth a call. Good luck and stay healthy.

thank you!

It appears that some of the issues with these chairs deal with the screws that are holding the chair in place. One suggestion was to take all the screws off the seat, arms, and back of the chair. They said to use a screwdriver or even a socket wrench to do this with. Once off they said to use a strong adhesive on the threads of all the screws and allow this to dry. Now once dried put them back in place. I have seen the repair suggestion for the sunken seat you are talking about and what they suggest that you do. However, this is not your problem. Your problem seems to be the opposite to this one. In your case, I am wondering if the screws are not holding the seat in the lower position and allow it to go up.

In adjustable chairs, there are several levels that are used to adjust the chairs. It sounds like your friend has fiddled around with some of these and has either stripped the screws or broken a part that is necessary to adjust the chair correctly. They do offer a few replacement parts online that you can buy to see if you can fix this issue. Some of the parts seem rather expensive and would almost be better to buy a new chair than to fix it. I would try fixing the screws first to see if this one helps then buying one or two replacement parts to see if you can get the chair working again.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsNovember 4, 2020
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fixing-a-Pneumatic-Chair.html