Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

Category Refrigerator
You may be able to repair or find a replacement when you have a broken handle on your appliance. This guide is about fixing a refrigerator door handle.

My handle has broken off. Can I fix it without it being expensive?

By Debbie P.

Answers

It appears this message is a bit old, but I know the problem still persists. Especially, with Frigidare Refrigerators. They claim the door handles are made from the strongest polymer and then the make the part of the handle that takes the most stress hollow. It cracks on the top right at the door. I have a found quick $ 2.79 solution to paying 100 to 170 dollars for a replacement part, without installation costs. Buy a National/Stanley 3"x5/8" Mending brace (N226-787) Two holes in the brce will line up perfectly with the two in the top of the refrigerator door. The other two you will need to drill pilot holes into the top of the other part of the handle. When the door is closed the brace is not visible and if you paint it or use a good quality palstic decorator tape it will be invisible.

I have a Kenmore refrigerator door handle that has come loose at the top. I can't figure out how to fix it or replace it. It's a Kenmore Coldspot side by side with bow shaped handles and no obvious mounting screw covers or anything. Does anyone have an idea or know how to fix it?

By Marvin from Frankfort, KY

Answers

http://www.howt … ers.php?id=90743

My top an bottom refrigerator door handle were knock off from moving what kind of glue is strong enough to hole them

How do I tighten a loose door handle on Frigidaire side by side refrigerator, FFHS2611LSO?

By Evelyn S.

Answers

Call their support number provided below and ask them the question.

http://www.frig … om/Owner-Center/

Here is the 800 number...or you can email them from this site listed above.
(800)-374-4432
Monday-Saturday
8:00AM-8:00PM (EST)
Email Us
Complete Product Support
All the support you need, now all in one place.
Find your product below to see a complete list of support resources.

Blessings,
Robyn

Has the LG 795.7757XXXX side by side refrigerator/bottom freezer door handles ever disengaged while opening the door, suddenly?

By Tom D

I have a 26" side by side Maytag refrigerator. The handle snapped out of the top mounting clip. I thought this was simple and all I'd have to do is clip it back on. I have tried without success. The brackets on the handle won't snap into the base clip that is screwed onto the door.

Anyone out there who has ever had a similar experience? Right now the door handle is secured by the bottom clip. We are currently opening the fridge by simply prying the door from the top. I don't even want to think about calling a repair man for something so trivial.

By Nafoyo from Easton PA

Answers:

Is there a glue I can use to fix a white fridge door handle? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Beatty from Saskatchewan

Answers:

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

Gorilla Glue rocks, maybe that will work? You can find it at Home Depot, Lowe's, home improvement stores, maybe even WalMart? Use a little, it expands! (05/08/2007)

By michawnpita

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

This will fix you up. You can get it at Home Depot or Walmart (sometimes you have to look in the sports dept). It's called Household Goop or Shoe Goo. It is the best stuff, and you can use it for everything. (05/09/2007)

By Ace

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

How about trying some E6000 super stuff glue. It dries clear and you find it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby stores. It is really, really strong stuff. (05/09/2007)

By Bonnie.

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

Gorilla glue bonds to everything! (05/09/2007)

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

Gorilla Glue works well and is supposed to be nearly impossible to come unglued. Good luck.

Editor's Note: Take care to keep Gorilla Glue out of the reach of children and pets. It expands in the stomach if eaten and requires surgery to remove. We've been trying to get them to have better warnings on their packaging for years! (05/09/2007)

By Andjerm

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

Gorilla glue is good. I also use Liquid Nails. They now have a new Liquid Nails that dries clear. I love this product! (05/09/2007)

By Sheryllynn44

Fixing a Refrigerator Door Handle

At work they used duct duck (sp) tape on the handle. It has worked fine with a large group of nurses going in and out of it all day long. (05/10/2007)

By sandy63