Flourless PB Chocolate Protein Muffins

Sometimes the best type of gluten free food is one that doesn't even contain gluten free flour. Sure, it's nice to not have to pay for pricey gluten free flour, but sometimes I like to remove flours all together. When I make these muffins, people have no idea there's not a drop of flour in them. You'll be surprised when you pull one apart and take a bite... so soft and fluffy. On days I have heavier workouts, these muffins are great to keep me satisfied but not bogged down.

*I used unflavored whey protein powder. You can use whatever kind you like, but ones with mild flavours tend to be the best to let the other ingredients shine.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 17 minutes

Yield: 12 muffins

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a blender.
  2. Blend for 30 seconds or until silky smooth, stopping half way to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
  3. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
  4. Line your muffin tins (or grease them) then pour in the batter almost all the way to the top.
  5. Bake for about 12 minutes, until they set.
  6. Allow to cool, then enjoy.