Flower Foam Pen Case and Stand

It's really fun doing things that have multiple uses. Multipurpose - that's how I call it. So far, in my projects this is the one that has the most uses. At first you will see it as a simple table decoration. You'll see its transformation here.

1. Take a green foam sheet and measure the size of the pen. Leave some extra space for the lid. Also leave 1/2 inch allowance on the other side.
  2. Roll the foam based on the pen's size. Just enough to fit it in.
  3. Take a piece of scratch paper and crumple to form a small ball.
  4. Cover it with foam.
  5. Draw a face on it.
  6. Now, let's get two other different colors of foam and cut out petal or oval shapes. One color should be shorter than the other.
  7. Place the shorter petal over the other.
  8. Fold them together on the bottom. Make a short fold (see attached photo) like this. It should create visible layers of color.
  9. Squeeze in the sides and glue them together.
  10. Make 6 or more of these.
  11. Arrange the petals around the face you made earlier. Now, you have a smiling flower.
  12. Glue the pen case (rolled green foam) at the back of the flower.
  13. Insert the pen into its case. I added a pink bow on the top left of the flower face for some extra detail.
  14. Cover the messy back portion with a round piece of foam.
  15. For the vase or stand, I found an empty paste container. I covered it with blue foam sheet all over and filled with foam scraps inside.
  16. Cut a circle for its lid. Make a hole based on the size of the pen lid. Glue it into place.
  17. Then I decorated the vase to cover up the obvious cut marks. (This one is optional, but looks better)
  18. Roll another piece of green foam, this time based on the size of the pen lid. Insert it into the hole.
  19. I covered it with strips of green that looked like grass.
  20. Time to put the pen into place.
  21. This is what it looks like. It's a writing tool and a decoration at the same time.
  22. On the back of the flower, in the top portion, I attached a small metal binder clip using a piece of double sided foam tape so it's easy to remove anytime.
  23. Now, it can be used to hold draft papers for easy typing work.
  24. You can stick notes on it's petals, too.
  25. Create your happy flower pen case stand now.

Crafts MiscellaneousNovember 18, 2019
🎄
🎉

MiscellaneousCrafts