Flower Foam Pen Case and Stand
It's really fun doing things that have multiple uses. Multipurpose - that's how I call it. So far, in my projects this is the one that has the most uses. At first you will see it as a simple table decoration. You'll see its transformation here.
- assorted foam sheets
- hot glue or foam glue (less messy)
- plastic container/bowl
- Take a green foam sheet and measure the size of the pen. Leave some extra space for the lid. Also leave 1/2 inch allowance on the other side.
- Roll the foam based on the pen's size. Just enough to fit it in.
- Take a piece of scratch paper and crumple to form a small ball.
- Cover it with foam.
- Draw a face on it.
- Now, let's get two other different colors of foam and cut out petal or oval shapes. One color should be shorter than the other.
- Place the shorter petal over the other.
- Fold them together on the bottom. Make a short fold (see attached photo) like this. It should create visible layers of color.
- Squeeze in the sides and glue them together.
- Make 6 or more of these.
- Arrange the petals around the face you made earlier. Now, you have a smiling flower.
- Glue the pen case (rolled green foam) at the back of the flower.
- Insert the pen into its case. I added a pink bow on the top left of the flower face for some extra detail.
- Cover the messy back portion with a round piece of foam.
- For the vase or stand, I found an empty paste container. I covered it with blue foam sheet all over and filled with foam scraps inside.
- Cut a circle for its lid. Make a hole based on the size of the pen lid. Glue it into place.
- Then I decorated the vase to cover up the obvious cut marks. (This one is optional, but looks better)
- Roll another piece of green foam, this time based on the size of the pen lid. Insert it into the hole.
- I covered it with strips of green that looked like grass.
- Time to put the pen into place.
- This is what it looks like. It's a writing tool and a decoration at the same time.
- On the back of the flower, in the top portion, I attached a small metal binder clip using a piece of double sided foam tape so it's easy to remove anytime.
- Now, it can be used to hold draft papers for easy typing work.
- You can stick notes on it's petals, too.
- Create your happy flower pen case stand now.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!